Roof Lanterns in Bristol
Those of us who live in the northern latitudes where winter days are dreadfully short need to find any way we can to optimise our exposure to natural light. Although Bristol is one of the UK’s southernmost large cities it is still farther north than all of the US (except Alaska), and all of Japan. During the depths of winter, sunrise and sunset are separated by a scant 8 hours. Roof lanterns for Bristol homes are among the best ways to increase the amount of light you experience every day.
Enjoy the Many Benefits of Roof Lanterns in Bristol
Yes, roof lanterns will help brighten up your home year-round, but that is not the only benefit you will enjoy. Roof lanterns from RLRL provide a host of other benefits, including:
1. Lower energy bills - During the dead of winter it is not unusual for homeowners in Bristol to have lights on in some rooms virtually all day. When you install roof lanterns in your home large swaths of the floorplan will be bathed in natural light from sun up to sundown. The result? Lower energy bills.
2. Enhanced kerb appeal - How your home is perceived by passersby is called “kerb appeal” and it can impact the value of your home by as much as 10%. Installing roof lanterns will provide a tidy boost to your home’s market value.
3. Attractive ROI - Over time those lower energy bills we mentioned will help you recoup the cost of the roof lantern installation. In addition, the bump in kerb appeal and home valuation we just talked about will further offset what it cost you to have the roof lanterns installed.
4. Mental health benefits - Though they are not always aware of it, many people are negatively affected by spending months at a time during the winter in gloomy interiors. Because roof lanterns flood the home with natural light they may help ward off Seasonal Affective Disorder.
5. Reduced carbon footprint - We all have our part to play when it comes to leaving our kids a world worth living in. A more energy-efficient home is one with a lower carbon footprint. And that's good for everyone.