Click Tabs Below To Reveal More Information
The COXDOME fixed dome rooflight for flat roofs is made to a high standard with double or triple glazing and a PVC-u 150 mm upstand. The upstand is manufactured from PVC-u plastic profiles. The thermally broken upstand ensures thermal efficiency and prevents condensation.
The COXDOME Classic Range rooflights domes are available in clear, diffused or opal variants in a range of sizes between 600 mm and 3,000 mm.
COXDOME Classic Range polycarbonate domes for flat roofs features a unique design that provides easy installation, as well as high performance.
- Double, triple or quadruple skins available for high performance
- Clear, diffused or opal glazing
- High Security Fixings as standard
- PVC-u Upstand
- Suitable for flat roofs, including single ply, GRP, hot melt, asphalt, liquid and lead
- U Value 2.7 Double Skin / Sound Reduction 20dB
- U Value 1.7 Triple Skin / Sound Reduction 22dB
- U Value 1.4 Quadruple Skin / Sound Reduction 23dB
- U Value 1.8 150mm PVC-u upstand
- CE Marking according to EN 1873
- Class B Non-Fragile, ACR(M)001 Soft Body Tested
- 3 mm polycarbonate impact resistant glazing
- B-s1-d0 Fire Classification according to BS EN15301:1 2007
- COXDOME Classic Rooflight: Manual Opening Polycarbonate Dome
The size ordered on the website for this product would be the same size you need to make your structural opening/roof hole size. For example, if you order a 1000mm X 1000mm dome rooflight from the website you would need to make your structural opening 1000mm x 1000mm. The visible rooflight daylight size would be 800x800mm due to the splayed upstand supplied. The daylight size will be 200mm smaller than the Rooflight size as shown on the table below.
The image below shows the roof structure with the upstand and rooflight installed.
The data sheet for the Coxdome classic range rooflights can be found on the downloadable link below. The data sheet includes various options, please ensure this is reviewed based on the options selected on our website drop down menu on this product page.
Coxdome Trade Classic Range Data Sheet
What Are the Advantages of a Dome Rooflight vs. a Flat Rooflight?
There are a couple of reasons that people sometimes decide to install dome rooflights in their properties rather than flat ones:
- More Natural Light – Domed glazing allows a little more light in than flat glazing, as it bends the sun’s rays. If you are trying to brighten up a dark and dingy space, they are a very good option to consider.
- No Problems With Standing Water – Thanks to the curved nature of the glazing, rain, snow and other types of precipitation slide easily off its surface, which means standing water is never going to be a problem. It also means that you are guaranteed a great view of the skies above your property in all weathers.
If these factors are important to you, a dome rooflight could be your best choice.
Can Coxdome Polycarbonate Dome Rooflights be installed on any kind of roof?
In common with most rooflights on the market today, Coxdome Polycarbonate Dome Rooflights have been designed and manufactured to be installed exclusively on flat roofs. If you have a liquid, lead, GRP, single-ply, hot melt or asphalt flat roof, you will find these rooflights are eminently suitable for your property. However, if you are looking for units to install on pitched roofs please don’t despair as we have those too.
Are These Rooflights a Good Choice for a Commercial Property?
Yes, they are an excellent choice for all types of commercial properties with flat roofs. Durable, readily available, stylish and easy to maintain, they tick all the right boxes as far as commercial customers are concerned. We have no problem in recommending these rooflights for a wide variety of commercial applications.
Are All Coxdome Polycarbonate Dome Rooflights Made to Order?
Yes, every order we receive for Coxdome dome rooflights is passed through to the production team, which is geared up to fabricate custom orders in a short space of time. Despite the fact they are made to order, you can expect to receive your new rooflights in less than a week under normal circumstances.
What Options Should I Select for Maximum Sound Insulation?
If your main priority is to minimise external noise disturbance, we recommend choosing a triple or quadruple skin. Whilst all models offer good performance, this will ensure the best results possible in the vast majority of cases.
Lead time for this product is 2-3 working days. Please ensure labour is on site to take delivery and sign for the product.
Please ensure sizes ordered and specifications are correct as this product is made to order and cannot be returned.