1200 x 1200 Roof Lanterns
Roof lanterns are the simple, stylish way to introduce light into a dark and dingy interior. In the UK where December days feature less than 8 hours of sunlight, capturing all the light you can is important to minimise energy bills, lift your mood and ensure your houseplants survive. 1200 x 1200 roof lanterns will brighten up a kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom or any other part of the house with a flat roof, and in the process add visual interest and market value to your home.
Defining the Roof Lantern
A roof lantern is a window installed on a flat area of the roof. It is typically pyramidal in shape with several large panels that rise to join one another at the central spine. It is said the roof lantern was given its name centuries ago because it resembled lanterns that were commonly found at the pinnacle of cathedral domes. In time roof lanterns morphed from a masonry feature found on commercial buildings to a predominantly glass feature found on all types of buildings, including private homes.
The benefits of installing 1200 x 1200 roof lanterns include:
1. Enhanced decor - No matter what type of decor you have it will be significantly enhanced when lit from above by our 1200 x 1200 roof lanterns.
2. Greater energy efficiency - With roof lanterns in place there is no more need to keep the lights on all day in what used to be dingy parts of the house.
3. Reduced carbon footprint - Using less energy to light your home means a corresponding reduction in your home’s carbon footprint.
4. A break in your heating bills - Direct sunlight flooding into the kitchen or living room on chilly days will provide a natural source of heat.
5. Bump in home valuation - Because they make your home more energy efficient and boost its kerb appeal 1200 x 1200 roof lanterns are likely to provide a boost to your home’s market value.
6. Relief from the winter blues - A home that is flooded with natural light will help fend off the blues that often beset people in northern latitudes.