1000 x 1500 Roof Lights
Roof lights (also referred to as roof windows) are the simple and sophisticated way to introduce natural light into a space. They can be installed on any part of the roof provided there is ample space and are commonly introduced during loft conversions or a remodel. 1000 x 1500 roof lights flood the space below with beautiful, energy-saving natural light while adding an element of visual interest that is nearly impossible to beat with any other single feature.
Is Planning Permission Required to Install 1000 x 1500 Roof Lights?
There will be cases where the type of roof lights you want to install do not require Planning Permission and there will be other instances when Planning Permission will be necessary. Typically, Planning Permission is required if…
1. The planned roof lights will take up a portion of the roof that is considered beyond “reasonable” in size.
2. The roof light or roof lights will project more than 15 cm above the plane of the roof.
3. Any part of the roof light is higher than the highest part of the roof itself.
4. The roof light can be opened but it is less than 1.7m above floor level.
5. The building in question has Listed status or is in a National Park, conservation area or other specially designated area.
6. There is an Article 4 Direction in place for the area where you live that will require a PP application.
Roof Light Considerations
Before installing roof lights in your home or business there are a number of considerations that need to be weighed. For instance: Do you want fixed roof lights or roof lights that can be opened? Is the roof flat or pitched? Will a single roof light provide the desired amount of illumination or would you be better off with several 1000 x 1500 roof lights? Which part of the roof will provide the best opportunity for capturing natural light? The experts at Rooflights & Roof Lanterns can help you answer all these questions and more.